Tuesday 1 November 2016

All of the -ing

I am such a gad-about these days! Seriously, I'm hardly ever in the house so when I am it's all about throwing on my PJs, kicking back and doing some good old fashioned consuming of the things. So I thought why not share, and then you can share too and maybe we'll all get some new ideas for some further consuming. Tis the season for hibernation and all that! 

Doing
I somehow ended up being a production assistant again for the upcoming show at my theatre group. I know, I know, how many times have I sworn to never do it again? Anyway, this one is Dad's Army so at least rehearsals are funny. I'm working on charming the director into believing that he only needs me there once a week, otherwise how will I fit in all my gad-about-ing that is being done? Tricky...

Doing #2 - all the pretty liiiiiiiights!
Not only have I found a fellow cake fiend as my new work buddy(I say again, this cannot end well), I've also found someone who loves pretty liiiiiights as much as me. Luckily there is a whole shed full of pretty light stuff happening at the moment so plenty of opportunity to fulfil this new hobby of mine - chasing the pretty liiiiights. I already talked about 'Neon and That', this week I'm attending a 'Fire and Light Festival' - all together now, oooooh pretty liiiights, and then very soon it's the Christmas Lights Switch On for my work! Which also coincides with the Reindeer Parade. If I don't get a close up photo of a fuzzy reindeer nose I am going to be beyond consoling as it's my only mission in life right now. 

Watching
Going pretty well on the whole watching front, I've almost finished watching 'Stranger Things' - interesting observation, everybody else seemed to binge watch this in like 8 hours or something absurd like that. I think I'm about 2 months in now...I'm not very good at binge watching, I like to go to bed at 10pm, staying up until 3am to watch TV is not my idea of a good time. We've also been watching loads of 'Motive' which is tip top cop stuff and even though Dave hates it I'm loving Angie's new hairdo. Also watched a few films including 'The Imitation Game' with Benedict Cummerbund which I absolutely loved and made me cry muchly at the end. Very moving. And also weirdly thrilling, on the edge of your seat type thing when they finally figured out how to make Christopher work. I'm going to see 'Girl on a Train' tonight and am very keen to see how well/badly this has been adapted for film. The book had me gripped until the end when I was massively disappointed, will update you further. Finally my cake fiend/pretty liiiiiights desk buddy wants me to watch 'Orphan Black' ... I'm not sure how I'm going to fit all this in. Send help. 

Reading
Still reading my free book as part of the Big Bookcycle. I think it's by Camilla Lackberg and I've forgotten the title. This says a lot. I'm honestly a bit confused. There are a lot of characters and I can't keep up with it all. But now that I've given up the whole read a million books in 5 minutes challenge I'm not feeling as much pressure to finish. Though I do have the next in the MJ Arlidge, DI Helen Grace series on my bedside table which is calling my name. Such a great crime series, highly recommended! 

Listening
Mainly to Radio 1 in the car, particularly the Breakfast Show which often makes me laugh out loud and I'm sure looks very funny to other drivers who probably go out of their way to avoid the bizarre woman laughing at herself in the little silver car. I also love the drive-time show home and Rage against the Answering Machine is absolutely my favourite feature. I'm still telling everyone about the woman ranting about her friend's excessive use of hashtags! There's sometimes actual music as we eat tea, but that's usually the time we're catching up and chitting the chat too. 

Thus ends all of the -ing. How about you? Tell me about some of your favourite consuming and I'll add it to my list of things I wish I had the time for! 

Oh also, PS. hello two blog posts in two days! Time is creeping by and it's almost time for my annual advent blog month so I thought I'd get some practice in now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment