Friday 30 September 2016

September - You Beauty!

It's been years and years since we've had a good Summer, but 2016 has been absolutely crackin'! From about May onwards we've enjoyed glorious blue skies, warm (even hot hot hot!) temperatures, hardly any rain, and all round Summer fabulousness. You can only imagine my delight when September arrived and it just kept on giving - blue skies, sunny days, lunches outside...it's been an absolute beaut and I have loved every minute of it! 

But it's the last day of September today so I suppose it's time to start thinking about putting some socks on, getting the tights out of the cupboard, and finding the scarves as the mornings become chillier and the nights start to draw in. Before then though, let's have a look at some of the glorious highlights from September: food, beer, more food, holidays, blue skies, Bob adventures, and general embracing of life's good times. 

The month began with a game of bingo. Which is not just for grannies. Instead I would say it is for people who are demons with numbers and can keep up with the endless monotone of the bingo caller - spoken in a nasal drone 'all the 2's, 22...'


Next up was our brillo holiday in the beautiful Lake District. Gorgeous scenery, gorgeous sunny days, lots of smiles, beer, cake, ice cream and chips. Happy days. 



Let's not forget about the pizza of dreams at Barbarossa Pizza as Dave and I celebrated 8 years together. 8! Where has the time gone? Notice that I have chosen to post a photo of the dreamiest pizza rather than a photo of us. Says it all really...


And finally the Bobbo. As each day goes by he becomes a bigger part of our little family. He is utterly barmy, totally gorgeous, and one of the most affectionate dogs I have ever met. I shamelessly adore him. And he makes me laugh every single day. Here he is meeting donkeys for the first time. 


I can't believe it's October tomorrow. I dare not even think about how fast this year has flown by. Crazy times. But October means crunchy leaves, and soup, and cosy scarves, and the first hint of chill in the air. I do love the seasons but I wouldn't be sorry if we lived somewhere that was Summer all year round either, you could have a different pair of sandals for every day and never have to wear socks ever again! 

So hello October. Let's see what you have to bring, eh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment