Monday 1 August 2016

Peek inside...my office space

Disclaimer: this is the least Pinterest-y office space you will ever see. Just so you know. In case you're expecting some kind of white wall, gold features, and marble shit. My office space is absolutely none of those things. It's not even really a whole office space as I share it with Bob the dog, who let's face it, owns the room. I have a small corner which he lets me sit in grudgingly, but only if I'll pet him every now and then and play tug of war. So now you've got the idea, let's see some photos and I'll talk you through it. 


First up we have the gallery wall. There's three more pictures alongside the Marilyn and Casablanca but I thought the corner shot made it more arty (ha!). So yep, we like black and white movies. And Mark Rothko. Bit of a contrast there, but what's life without variety and big blocks of coloured squares. 


Next up we have the mantelpiece. Where the meerkats live. And the wildflowers I pick on a daily basis from the garden. And the candle that smells like cheesecake. Not forgetting the wooden roman sword. I bought that for Dave on our last holiday. Yes he is actually 7...


And finally my favourite corner of all. As you can see there's a lot of thought and imagination gone into being the perfect blogger here with the array of coloured pencils, the drumsticks, the lip-balm, and my two favourite images that make me smile every time I sit down to do some work. Andy made that card for us at the top when we moved into this house and it is amazing! She be a clever lady. And the photo in the frame is from when before me and Dave were officially me and Dave. I was sitting on his knee. And probably flirting but there was nothing new there. I have no idea what we were laughing about but it was clearly hi-larious as you can nearly see my tonsils. I like to think of it as the photo of things to come as since then we have had many, many hi-larious times that always lead to tonsil-showing, head thrown back laughter. 

It's the perfect office space. I have a black desk and a super comfy chair. Here I type up my blog posts, schedule in loads of social stuff for the theatre, and have even been paid to work from this very desk! I hope you liked this little peek. Let me know if you want to see more of our house - we're slowly making changes here and there now, exciting stuff!  

1 comment:

  1. awwww, I'm touched. I didn't realise it was such a favourite.

    ReplyDelete